There's nothing worse than getting into a hot car in the middle of summer. Not only is it uncomfortable, but if the AC system isn't working properly then it can also be dangerous for your health.
Whether your air conditioning has gone out or it just doesn’t seem like it has as much cooling power anymore, we want to help! We offer a full range of AC services and repairs in our Richmond, VA location.
What Are Some Common Problems With A Car’s AC?
There are a number of problems that can cause your air conditioning to stop working properly, including refrigerant leaks. Here is a list of some common air conditioning issues:
- Your AC Is Blowing Hot Air - There are a number of factors that can contribute to this issue, including low refrigerant levels, worn belts and faulty switches. Additionally, you might simply need a recharge because your system has absorbed moisture and other contaminants over time.
- The Refrigerant Is Leaking - This is one of the most common causes for an AC breakdown. It’s also one of the most harmful to both you and the environment, as it can damage your vehicle’s evaporator and compressor.
- Your Air Conditioner Has A Strange Odor - You might have a problem with your AC system if it smells like mold. If you're experiencing this odor, then there is likely water present as well and possibly even some air pollution in the form of dirt or debris that has been collected on top of an evaporator (the part inside where coolant flows).
- Your Cars AC Has Poor Airflow - There are a number of factors that can lead to weak air flow. For example, it might be mold or mildew build up in the evaporator core, or it could a broken fan, blown seals or even a loose hose. A qualified mechanic will be able to tell you what's wrong and how much it'll cost for repairs!
- Your AC Makes Strange Sounds - Common noises include: squealing, knocking, clicking, buzzing, rattling, or hissing. These could be caused by a minor problem like dirt and debris from outside getting caught in your climate control systems or it could be something more expensive like a compressor going bad. But any new noise from your vehicle should be investigated by a professional mechanic.
How Often Should I Have My Car's Air Conditioning Checked?
It's a good idea to have your air conditioning checked and serviced at least once a year. If you have a vehicle with faulty air conditioning, then you should visit our shop for an AC Performance Check-up, this includes:
- Vacuum Leak Test
- Electrical diagnostic
- Component diagnostic
Car AC Repair or Replacement?
If we find there are any problems with your car's air conditioner, our technicians can provide you with the best possible solution based on your available budget and driving needs. That could mean performing some routine maintenance to help extend the life of your current system or replacing it altogether.
Visit Speedy's Transmission Shop
If you're in the Richmond area and looking for air conditioning repairs or services, visit us today! We'll work hard to make sure your AC is up and running by the time summer comes around again. Call (804) 999-1845 to schedule an appointment or contact us online.